Have you ever stumbled upon a Found Treasure 'score' that was so totally perfect, unexpected and cool that you had to pinch yourself?  I just love Hawaii and can't wait to get back there someday, preferably on a Cruise this time around... and I was born in 1957... so imagine my delight when I stumble upon a stack of 1957 Hawaiian Cruise Line Menus in pristine condition, during the Month of my birth... actually just prior to my birth!! The amazing graphics grace both the front and back of each Menu and are still in the most vivid colors and depict old Hawaii in a fabulous Artist's rendition of it.  To peruse the Menu offered over fifty years ago during someone's vacation cruise was a delight... notice the Creamed Frog Legs a la Poulette au Fleurons and Clear Green Turtle Soup in Sherry offered... they were an adventurous group weren't they? *Smiles*  These are an Art Form that I wonder how many survived and were saved or treasured as souvenirs... or just tossed away and forever lost?  I have a particular fondness for those Antique and Vintage pieces that weren't greatly valued at the time they were made and yet someone preserved them anyway... for the rest of us to experience and enjoy far into the future... just like this as we're transported back in time over half a Century ago to a 1957 Hawaiian Cruise and we're handed their Menus of the day and paint our own Fantasy vacation there on the canvas of our imaginations...  as I sit down to an imaginary Dinner on a Ship that sailed to Hawaii just prior to my birth... Dawn... The Bohemian 

In the world of reality there are limits, but the world of creative imagination knows no bounds. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird
 
Top