I had seen the new release at the Book Store, of Barbra Streisand's new book MY PASSION FOR DESIGN, but it was too pricy for my library budget.  So I was delighted when our local Library actually had a copy for me to check out, take Home and feast my eyes upon the House Of Babs.   Barbra Streisand is a classy Lady whose attention to detail is legendary, so I knew her Dream Home would be pretty spectacular... it is.  Most is not of my particular style of decor, but I can still appreciate a beautiful Home tastefully decorated in any style that suits the owner and invites you into their World, their inner Sanctuary... the Home.  And certainly there were some images that captivated me and were of my taste and style... so I'm sharing those that I wanted to preserve for personal inspiration.  I loved her Wardrobe, she looked stunning... the Wrap on the front cover... the soft Sweater and matching leggings... her closet full of Vintage Romantic style Dresses, Shoes and Hats.  I was rather impressed that everything she wore for each photo shoot matched whatever fabrics the room was decorated in. *smiles*  It was rather comforting to know that someone was more OCD about colors and details than me! *LOL*  The Koi in their Pond are even color coordinated!  The painted design on the Clawfoot Tub, just beautiful!   How charming is that Vintage Velvet framed photo of her and her Man! I fell in LOVE with the upholstery and pillows on the Sofa and the Persian Rug, even though the palette isn't one I've decorated with, it is exquisitely beautiful and I really liked it.  The natural beauty and views on the exterior of the property were to die for too... she really has made a surreal slice of Heaven On Earth for herself and her hunk of a Hubby and it was lovely to be invited in, through her book, to share their vision of a personal Valhalla... we thank you Barbra for the fantastic tour of your lovely Home... Dawn... The Bohemian

*All images are from the book by Barbra Streisand "My Passion For Design" and photographed as best I could with my cheap point and shoot camera... winks.*   
 
Top