Our Nest is often our place of refuge, the comfort of the familiar when things outside our four walls are too hectic, demanding or exhausting.  I'm thankful to have that special place to retreat to, our own personal Sanctuary where we can restore ourselves, rest and be at Peace.  Now, that's not to say that things can't get a little crazy around the ole' Homestead *winks*, but because it is our very own space we have a lot more control over what comes in... or goes out.  The People, not the place, make it Home. So I strive to create a positive and enriching energy and a beautiful relaxing space for us to call Home... so I enjoy being here... especially when I need restoration of the Body, Soul and Spirit.  It is very often those little things that create the essence of Home to me... the Artistic creations of our Grandchildren... sentimental objects... the comforts... the Family Heirlooms that remind us of our past and those we will always cherish... the scents that evoke memories... the small touches that make it distinctly "us" and a glimpse of our personality, history, culture and taste.  I like to be surrounded by those things on a daily basis and I wouldn't swap them for even the most luxurious of fantasy items.  Because I can walk into the most magical and fantastic of places and surely appreciate them... but... there is no place like Home... Dawn... The Bohemian


Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. -- Mother Teresa (1910-1997)


 
Top