I bought a big bag of typewriter pieces a few weeks ago from a fellow jewelry designer and I'd been itching to cut the keys off but with sparks flying from my dremel I had to wait for a decent day to do it outside. Today it wasn't super cold so I sat on the front porch and cut them all off.  I had a layer of metal dust all over me, lost a few layers of skin on one finger, but the result was worth it.

 These are all the leftover "arms" from the keys. I'll figure out something to make them into.
 Love these little keys!

 I shaved off all the little edges off the back and spent the rest of the afternoon experimenting with solder (and melting quite a few too) before coming up with some rings and pendants.
I'll be bringing them to Youtique: Spring Into Handmade this Saturday at D'Amato's in Royal Oak. The show is from 10-3 and I hope you'll stop by!
 
Top