This simple Rose comes with a Story... one that choked me up in fact...


You see there's a little Boy in our neighborhood that has been quite the Rascal and he can be quite destructive and light-fingered... we've had more than our fair share of troubles and frustrations with him. Yet I have always tried to remember that he is just a very little Boy and such a Ragamuffin that it has touched my Heart and I've tried to extend him Grace and patience each time he vandalized my Garden or liberated something of ours from the property that didn't belong to him and was too much of a temptation for a child of the tender age of only four to resist.  Talks with his Family were futile and in vain... Children tend to learn what they live... and not all are Blessed with the best foundation to build upon, so pieces can be missing from their puzzle and experiences of Life... 


This afternoon  I was out in my Garden with the front Gate open and he came running by, with his dirty precious little face and ill fitting clothes and that huge Smile he always wears... clutching a Rose in his chubby little fist.  "Look!" he shouts, beaming from ear to ear, "I have a Rose!"  I smiled back...

"Oh how lovely... are you going to give it to Mummy?" I replied.

He shook his head No... and before I knew it he had run up to me and presented me with his Gift, lifting it up to me with the biggest and brightest Grin and sheer Joy that Giving from the Heart always brings!!!  I could barely get the words out to Thank him for the big lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.

Yes, I knew that from the direction he had been running from he had very likely liberated this Rose from the Rose bushes beside a business at the end of our Street *winks*... but I do believe that the Lord knows the Heart of a person... and this precious little Rascally Angel has a Heart of Gold that melted this Gramma's Heart today... and his Gift was very Special indeed... an unexpected confirmation that all of the Grace and patience extended to others never comes back void.

Dawn... The Bohemian   

We may not be able to right all the wrongs in the World... but Love in Action speaks volumes to those it is extended towards and each of us can make a difference in our own small ways.
 
Top