The Man leaves for Alaska this Morning and I swear all weekend long I had those subliminal messages bombarding me subconsciously everywhere I turned.  You know the ones that just seem to indicate something significant that just happens to be going on in your Life and seem to suddenly show up everywhere you look and really catch your attention moreso than usual?!?  In my Antiquercizing this weekend I was seeing Vintage Doors and Door Handles... Vintage Suitcases and Vintage methods of correspondence EVERYWHERE I turned!!!  

Doors and Door Handles = Leaving ...  Suitcases = Packing for a Trip... Methods of Correspondence = Long Distance Communications... yep, very prophetic in what was transpiring in our lives right about now and so those items seemed to jump out at me visually in every vignette I saw... whether here at the ole' Homestead or while we were out Antiquercizing!!!   Even the Booth that The Man gravitated to at the Antique Mall seemed very classical Alaskan Wilderness to me... I dunno, maybe it was just my imagination in hyperdrive seeing everything pointing to the inevitable... that very, very soon he'd have to go... and in some ways we were all dreading it and yet reconciling ourselves to it. 

And at the very tail end of the weekend... a certain Little Princess fell asleep in his arms... unable to fall asleep in her own bed she came wandering out with her little blankie in tow and crawled up onto his lap and into his arms and curled up beside him... and drifted off to sleep almost immediately... wanting to be ever so close right now because we know it will be quite a long time before we can be ever so close again... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top