Okay, so I'm not very adept at modeling Jewelry whilst simultaneously trying to balance a camera at the right angle and take a self-portrait of it! *winks*  I'm so much better at draping it all over the place in lovely vignettes. *winks*  And of coarse when a new piece arrives at Mi Casa, well, I instantly go into Crazy Photographer Mode. 

My last two pieces of Vintage Typewriter Key Jewelry arrived today... by Artist Gail Selby of THE MAGIC CLOSET.  I just love them and will be wearing the Bracelet right away.  The Necklace I am still contemplating how I will Bling it out... I'm thinking of mounting it on a large Silver Filigree Finding and surrounding the bezel of it with Rhinestones... and attaching it to semi-precious Stone Beads or Vintage Pearls in a Choker length Necklace creation?  Princess T already has dibs on the lovely delicate Sterling Chain it is presently dangling from... she is better with delicate than Gramma is... I'm at the sturdy Season of Life with neck chains and necklaces to ensure they remain intact! *winks*  But I just loved the inspirational Message this Vintage Key imparted to me so I had to have it... "Self Starter"... you see, that's rather an 'inside joke' for me, since Self Starting isn't exactly one of my Strengths. *LOL*  I ALWAYS Finish what I Start, I'm good at that part, I'm a good Finisher... but the SELF part of Starting... I'm still working on that attribute! *Smiles*  The Man and I compliment and balance each other that way... he's a good Starter and loves to Start Projects with a flourish... but he kinda fades at the Gate... and loses interest and momentum... and the Finishing Part... well, not exactly his strong point.  So many times he'll Start something Grandoise and leave the Finishing of it to yours truly and in passing the baton at least it usually materializes with a Team effort. *Smiles*  But individually I'll be stalled at the Start and he won't usually make it to the Finish... but at least we know that about ourselves and each other.  So I've got a slew of personal Projects in the incubation phase of creation... and he's got a slew of Projects half done and unfinished. *le sigh*  I think my biggest obstacle is focus... I've got SO MANY great ideas and which to concentrate on and begin is often my dilemma... but once I get going I'm certain to see it through and give it my full attention... ADHD coupled with OCD often works that way.  *winks*  My Son told me he was amazed yesterday when he met someone who he couldn't believe was more OCD than Dear Ole' Mom... was that even possible?!?!!! *LMAO*  Unfortunately he has to work with her... and Lord knows he's had enough practice at Home getting me unstuck when I'm obsessing about something... at least he can banter with me and bring it to my attention without causing an offense... "Okay OCD!" usually does the trick! *winks*  He has it too, yep, I shared that quirky gene with my offspring apparently... so he's not without empathy for the rest of us who place undue importance on our trivia and quirks.   So... my question for you today might be... what have you NOT Begun... or failed to Finish?  Or is it just us??? *winks*...  Dawn... The Bohemian


Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. - The King of Alice In Wonderland


If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there.  - Lewis Carroll



"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." - Alice In Wonderland and The Cheshire Cat
 
Top