I always look forward to the Monthly SWEET SALVAGE Occassional Sale Events, which are held on the 3rd Thursday of each Month and run for four fabulous days.  A different Theme is featured each Month and I was particularly excited about this Month's French Market Theme since I am a total Francophile!  The smell of Fresh Lavender, tiered Vintage French Flower Shop Planter Shelves laden with greenery and florals, French Textiles, Romantic decor... it transported me back to the French Countryside I enjoyed as a Child.  To add to the excitement, a favorite Author, Stylist & Blogger, Brooke Giannetti of VELVET & LINEN, was there doing a Book Signing for the new release by she and Husband Steve, called PATINA STYLE.  It was great to meet Brooke in person and get my copy signed, I LOVE this Book and if you haven't already obtained your copy, it is a must-have for your Inspiration Library!  I was also delighted to meet the Talented Artist-Journalist-Editor-Photographer Jen Cushman there, doing a feature for Somerset Magazines.  Both Ladies are so sweet and personable, it really was a pleasure meeting and talking to them.  If you want to see some fabulous quality Photos of the Event, Brooke has a great Post on her Blog, VELVET & LINEN, oh how I wish I could learn to take professional quality Photographs like that... publication quality they are!!!!!  And it is my understanding that Jen's feature will be in the Winter Issue of SOMERSET LIFE Magazine, so I can hardly wait for that issue my Friends, I never miss a copy.

I shopped with my G-Son and adorable Friend Pauline, who 'scored' an amazing Sconce... shopping in pairs is a must at a packed Event because you dare not take your hands off or walk away from a piece lest it go Home with someone else! *Winks*  I'm so glad Jen that you also 'scored' that great Chandie for your Photo Shoot... so difficult to Source great pieces while also working hard to get great Photos of an Event.  I'm thankful I was able to get most of my shots before the madness started and so many fabulous items began leaving with their proud new owners.  I managed to 'score' a few amazing pieces of my own... one of which is that fab Vintage Aqua Motel Chair... which had a matching Glider that I was seriously lusting after but not within budget this month... and alas, it Sold to another lucky Shopper! *Me pouting... and I'm sure other Shopper perhaps pouting that the Chair Sold first & neither of us ended up with the Set!?*  But I'm Loving it and will add it to my growing collection of Vintage Motel Patio Furniture that I adore & is so comfy.  I'll show you the other pieces in another Post, because of coarse you know I took a zillion Photos! *Winks*  I also ran into my Blog Friend Chickie & her sweet DH again while there, it was so nice to see them again at another SWEET SALVAGE Event, they are such an adorable young Couple. 

It's always a Joy to meet peeps that come up and tell me they enjoy my Blog, Thank You to the Dear Lady that did that this day, it is an encouragement to know that doing this brings enjoyment to more than just myself.  

The Staff at SWEET SALVAGE are super Talented and work so very hard to Source the inventory and put these Events together each Month. And I want to thank Jackie & Katie for being so sweet to my Grandson and delighting him with the Gift of those Shells... he was over the Moon about it and that made his Day!   And although attending the Event and 'scoring' my French Market Treasures was a blast... what made my Day was that The Man was able to come Home from the Hospital tonight... which was answer to Prayer!!!  He's still pretty sick, but we feel he will Heal and be so much more relaxed and comfortable being Home again... and that Gift of his recovery, for however long it takes, is truly Priceless!

Dawn... The Bohemian 
 
Top