The Man is admitted back in the VA Hospital... it was really intense & scary this time, worse than ever before... and after nine hours there I'm physically & emotionally exhausted and drained.  Finally I had to come Home since I no longer had Babysitting coverage for the G-Son... and I hated for him and our Son to have to see Grandpa/Dad like this only days after our last Medical Emergency.  I could see the worry & concern on their faces... and I couldn't make it right or offer sufficient comforting words to alleviate the stress I knew it was causing to us all.  I was barely keeping it together myself after hours of putting on the facade for The Man's benefit that everything was going to be alright and I felt confident in that... because I didn't "feel" any of what was coming out of my mouth... but, when you're the sick one the last thing you need is your Loved Ones going to pieces or panicking about your condition... that would really make you believe you're potentially circling the drain & make the anxiety & fear all the more palpable!   I really commend those in the Medical Field Careers... I couldn't imagine witnessing this daily times the number of Patients & Families you must Minister to and attempt to stay detached yet compassionate... I doubt that I could manage that... God Bless you all!

Riding out the Storms of Life can be quite intense can't it?  We've all been there in one form or another... some longer than most.  The Staff at the VA Hospital commended me on coping so well and staying so calm & collected... I suppose on the exterior I do... only from decades of experience of dealing with Medical Crisis with Loved Ones... but on the inside, well... I'm as stressed as anyone else would be.  Its as stressful & difficult for me, as many times as I've been through it before, as it would be for those going through some Crisis for the very first time.  Sometimes it may appear that those who have grown accustomed to Crisis and Personal Tragedy become more adept at dealing with it, but the reality is that such things are never something you get used to in such a way that it does not affect  you... no longer causes internal turmoil and emotional duress... it does... every time.

And so I want this Post to be for those who have been riding out the Storms in what may seem like endless turbulent waves of it... battering you... threatening to sink you.  And I also want it to be for those who know someone who is.   Like a Boat, so long as all that is coming against you stays on the exterior and you don't allow it to get into you so much that you begin to go down and no longer be able to stay afloat and shipwreck... you'll stay afloat and eventually the Storms will pass and there will be some smooth sailing on your Journey.  It would be difficult to navigate a complex craft by yourself, especially during a Storm, and so the Crew you have on Board will also be vital to your well being and ability to sustain the Storm, especially a lengthy one... such is Life as well.  Don't discount your inner circle and refuse to accept a Life preserver thrown out by any of them... and if you are the one who can be one of the Crew that assists someone in need don't discount your part either... you are vital, you do make a difference and it is appreciated and necessary, sometimes more than you'll ever know.  I Thank my Crew...  you've kept this Ship afloat and continuing on the Journey in spite of the Storms we continue to move through... and we will arrive... one day.

The only time I want my Plate to be full is at a Buffet! *LOL* 

Dawn... The Bohemian

*All Beautiful Images on today's Post are compliments of my BFF Tina's Lovely Styling,  Collections & Home Vignettes*    

 
Top