As we've moved through the SWEET SALVAGE French Market Event are there some things you've been absolutely lusting over?  I know I did... there were smaller ticket items I was delighted to 'score' and come Home with, and I'll be content to stay within my budget... but naturally there are always those bigger ticket items I was seriously lusting over and if budget had permit, might have been mine! *Winks*  Items like the tiered Vintage Flower Shop Planter Shelves... the Vintage Brach's Candies Display in the most perfect shade of Green... the Vintage Motel Glider that matched the Motel Chair I did 'score'... the Marble & Crystal hanging Table resplendant with Crystal Chandie and an Antique Persian Rug.   And I can also totally fall in Love with and appreciate certain items I would not purchase for myself for personal reasons, but certainly take my breath away, like that killer OOAK Ornate Cast Iron and Cement Antique Cross French Grave Marker. 

The truth of the matter is, when it comes to Beautiful things I can be quite insatiable! *LOL*  How about you?  And I really give props to those Vendors that Source the most AMAZING pieces and somehow manage not to form so much of an attachment to it that they can let go and offer it for Sale to the rest of us.  I don't know that I could do it... I'd at least want to hold onto it and enjoy it for a little while... and then, the letting go... well, it wouldn't be easy! *Smiles*  Even when the profit margin is impressive, and I know its going to a great new Home where it will be Loved and cherished, if I fall in Love with something, the letting go can still be agonizing for me!  So, here's my unofficial Survey of sorts... how many of you in the Biz of Sourcing Fabulous Found Treasures for the general public, confess that it is often difficult for you too to let go?  I'm just curious... and when I see someone who has an eye for Sourcing those pieces that I adore & creating the most amazing Vignettes... I always wonder... what their Home must look like and what beyond amazing pieces they have kept for themselves?  I suspect it would totally blow us away... and we'd want them to adopt us so we could move in!!! *Winks*

Dawn... The Bohemian 
 
Top