Happy Halloween! What a crazy busy weekend it was. I didn't do a Friday's Favorites because Friday was crazy hectic with breakfast with friends, working on a fashion collaboration, then rushing back for Halloween fun at my kids' school. Saturday we did trick or treating in downtown Clawson (so much fun) then downtown Ferndale (awesome). I also got some sewing done this weekend and made 5 new scarves by cutting up some really nice cashmere and merino wool sweaters. It was so hard to cut up the one from Bergdorfs! The scarves came out really great and have a luxe to them that I am very happy with. They will be available at Paint Creek Art Center's Holiday Market.Mario and Athena.
Clawson used the cut outs I painted last summer as decorations!




This is a new print that is available in my etsy shop. I took it in NYC. You can get to it by clicking here.

This is a photo I took at a skate park in Birmingham while shooting Ryan's senior pics. I don't have the nerve to skateboard there but maybe by next summer I'll be good enough to try it out...I hope anyway!

One of the scarves I made. It's cream cashmere with soft ribbed merino wool in brown.



Fashion collaboration with Rose and Alvita


My friend Rose (from Invisible Twin) came up with a photo idea she'd like to do with both of us dressed up sort of gothy and like creepy dolls. Our friend, Alvita is a talented stylist with an amazing closet full of vintage treasures as well as one of a kind pieces and high end fashion pieces. Friday we went to her home and she dressed us in these amazing outfits. We are planning on doing our shoot in a warehouse but are working out the details. These photos are just some we snapped in Alvita's house. The dress I am wearing is silk and vintage and has all these gorgeous ruffles. The belt works perfectly and I'm wearing a necklace I designed.



Rose is wearing a beautiful chiffon dress with white fishnet stockings and cream mary janes. The gloves match the mary janes perfectly. When we do hair and makeup I think we will contrast perfectly. We vision her hair huge and with my short spiky hair it's going to be sweet as hell.



Alvita is going to use the photos in her portfolio and she wants to style us in a few other outfits as well. She found a Theory black pencil skirt and it fit me like a glove. She put it with a fishnet tank top and layered an 80's style punky bustier over it. Then she put a thick and heavy silver necklace that wrapped around a few times on me and hooked it around one of the straps of the bustier. Genius! It offset it and was perfect for the look. I am so excited for this shoot! Hopefully we can get the warehouse figured out and do it soon.
My Links:

 
Top