I'm finding an added benefit to photographing my Treasure Hunting escapades... often it helps me discover hidden Treasures I might have missed while there in person and distracted by other goodies I was focused upon.    You see, there are times when I'm completely infatuated by something that I can't acquire right now, for whatever reason, and because my focus is directed upon those coveted objects I can easily miss something that I could have at this moment or is an equally coveted and sought after Treasure.  When I'm editing my photos for posting I then discover and hone in on those unseen items, the ones I missed, overlooked or were hidden in the depths and layers of beautifully arranged displays.   I love to layer beauty myself and one of the Joys of doing so is that it gives the beholder more to discover, either now or later and keeps things interesting and fresh.  Family and Friends often say that they love exploring our Home because there is so much to see, so much they didn't notice before and discover for the first time even though it may have always been there, just waiting for discovery.  Isn't that part of the fun of the thrill of the Hunt after all?!


See it hiding there... in plain sight?!



As you can see, one of my all time favorite Hunting Treasures of Belgian Cut Velvet was completely missed the first time around as I became enamored by what beauty was sitting atop of it.   I adored the old repurposed Bottles with Artistically designed Stoppers of Salvage and Natural objects... causing me to fail to 'see' or explore the depths of the layers that lay beneath!   Thankfully my photos revealed this timeless favored Treasure and I went back and acquired it... I create my Art out of such pieces and almost never pass one up if the price is right... and this was... and had patiently waited for my discovery, for me to pay more attention and see it there, hidden in plain sight! *smiles*  And books and fav magazines... these are Treasures that you often have to also sift for... to find just the right ones... and often... if you take the time... you can hit the Mother Lode, as I recently did... and feel like those old time Prospectors who patiently sifted away in the sand until they struck Gold... and isn't it Golden when after we search the depths and layers for Hidden Treasures we find exactly what we were looking for... or even more delightful, what we weren't even looking for and apparently lay in wait just for us... Dawn... The Bohemian


Most people will go through life only seeing what they are prepared to see.  Creative people go through life prepared to see it all. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird 
 
Top