If you've been following previous Posts you'll know that this Halloween I've been jonesin' for these fabulous Velvet Pumpkins that are made by local Artist Lynne.  I finally succumbed and treated myself to one as they went on pre-Season Sale at 'Cottage Garden' I knew I had to move fast as they were almost gone, but I snagged myself one with the perfect Bohemian hues and look in a Cinnamon and Burnt Orange tie-dyed Velvet that had been one of my favorites all along and must have been waiting patiently for my adoption... so very ME don't you think?  Our old Cat, Rat Boy, critiqued it, as she does with every new item brought into the house... her enthusiasm wasn't quite as heightened as mine however... a few sniffs and then total indifference... guess Cats aren't as enamored by Velvet Pumpkins as Human Gatherers of unique Seasonal Treasures are. *smiles* 




My future Project will be to create some of these delightful decorations with the Grandkids out of the stems of this Season's Pumpkins, Ornamental Squash and Gourds... and my Vintage Velvets, old  Lace, Vintage Metallic Trims and Antique Fabric scraps left over from my Bohemian Treasures creations.  I hate to waste any Vintage or Antique fabrics and trims so this will be the perfect solution, along with Rosette making, to utilize every last scrap... and what a fun Family Art project it all will be... to 'grow' our very own real and Velvet Pumpkin Patches for next Season so that this 1st Velvet Pumpkin won't be solitary in the Velvet Pumpkin Patch for long... always thinking ahead with vision... because every day should be the one I remember... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top