Yellow Door Art Market
An exciting new store will be opening this November in Berkley, MI called Yellow Door Art Market. If you love indie art/craft fairs than you will love this store! Now you won't have to wait until the next fair to pick up an awesome handmade gift or art because this store will be open year round. It will be full of handmade items by 68 talented Michigan artists. I have an end cap full of my Lilacpop jewelry and photography.
Started as a plain ol' white wall...
and was painted a light turquoise color last week. The artists all came in and painted our spaces.
April, the owner (and awesome person in general), and Cheryl the new manager of Yellow Door have put their hearts and souls into this new adventure.
The store is located at 3145 W. 12 Mile, Berkley, MI (a few doors down from Catching Fireflies).
Putting up my vinyl sign.I used an old window that I found on the side of the road to display my jewelry.
The tables are hand painted by me and for sale as well!
I found the ledge/shelves at Home Goods-love the door handles that stick out of the front. They remind me of my home growing up.
My friend, Penny helped me today (thanks Penny!) with the arranging and hanging. She kept me in line when I just wanted to start drilling all whilly knilly. (It's not that I don't think things through...I'm just passionate right?)
They will be taking orders for custom date photos, custom name necklaces, and prints in case you would like a different size than what is there.
I had so much fun walking around and seeing the other artists' displays and items!
Kandy of Bit O' Whimsy has a great display set up!

Love the use of decals for this one!






I might just have to pick up one of these mustache pillows for my son. They're made out of recycled fibers.


I love these bags made out of recycled coffee bags!!
Some dates:



Oct. 28 - Thursday: We will open our doors for business. This is called a soft opening so we can slowly gear up & get in shape up for the grand opening. Our hours will be Monday - Saturday 10-6, Thursday 10-8 & Sunday 12-5


Nov. 11 - Thursday 5-8: Artist Friends & Family preview party. This is will be an opportunity to show your peeps your new digs as well as meet other Yellow Door artists. We'll be serving up sips & snacks throughout the evening. Everyone reading this is welcome to come as my guest!!

Nov. 13 - Saturday 10-6: Grand Opening! The first 50-100 customers will get a free goody, there will be live music throughout the day & we'll be serving up sips & snacks.

Become a fan of Yellow Door on Facebook here!

Become a fan of Lilacpop on Facebook here!

 
Top