I'm almost always sold on the details of a piece... because to me, it's ALL in the details!  That does not mean that I'm always drawn to the elaborate or the ornate, something simple can have amazing details, textures, hues, patina and craftsmanship too.  I've bought furniture simply because of the amazing hardware, patina or paint aged to perfection.  I'm drawn to vintage fabrics that have details... whether it's the design in the Brocade or Lace, amazing feel or texture, the print, metallic or fancy trim, or stitchwork.  I'm quite certain my love of old stained glass and slag glass windows is due not only to the designs in the colored glass and the colors of glass, but also the various textures of glass used and how lovely most of the frames have aged.   Pieces made from Silver and other Metals usually have amazing texture and design incorporated into them.  Wood can be carved, veneered, painted or just let time give it the patina and wear that only true age can develop in a piece.   As for the Bling... well, the details can be truly endless can't they...   What details are you drawn to my Friends?  Is your World awash in details lovingly chosen and cherished like mine... that drew you in and captivated you... and when you look around do you notice that God is quite often in the details too... and perhaps, that is why we feel that connection in them... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top