December was so busy with shows, keeping Yellow Door Art Market stocked, and filling Christmas orders that I completely forgot to post this. I was contacted by Styleline Magazine a couple of months ago. I think she found me via etsy. I told her about Yellow Door, Winter Fling, and the Detroit Artist's Market and she featured them all! The magazine went out in the Sunday Free Press at the beginning of December. You can still pick it up at Borders too until January.


There's my I Heart Detroit photo! Here is what it says:

"One metro Detroit artist who will be featured at numerous holiday events and shops is Lilacpop's Janna Bissett. Bissett's versatile collection of art, jewelry, eco friendly items, hand-knit and crocheted accessories and one of a kind clothing. Her innovative designs incorporate unconventional items, such as incorporating parts from a vintage Meccano erector set and an antique cash register to create a nifty necklace. Lilacpop also features fine art photographs printed on durable metallic paper with a luminescent glow. Bissett's work will also be showcased at a trunk show at Goods Detroit, 15 E. Kirby St. #108 (located on Woodward Avenue in The Park Shelton), Detroit. 313 871 1466."

You can find the entire magazine by clicking here. Or go their website at http://stylelinemagazine.com.


I also filmed a commercial for Fox 2 Detroit's Weather Authority. It is supposed to start airing after the holidays so watch for it! I'm nervous and excited at the same time.


 
Top