I had a crazy fun weekend with a different show on each day. Saturday started with Noel Night in Detroit and Youtique: A Handmade Holiday. It was held inside Old Main, a beautiful historic building on the campus of Wayne State University. We had a great crowd and I saw an old friend that I haven't seen in a long time too (thanks for coming Karen!). It was so rewarding to have people come to my booth and recognize me from other shows or from seeing my stuff in stores and online! Thanks to everyone who stopped by.

Photos courtesy of Becky Fixel.







I crocheted 2 scarflettes in between customers and sold them both right away!










Whip Stitch Art and Craft Fair at The Corner Brewery in Ypsilanti.
It's always awesome to get back to the Ann Arbor/Ypsi side of town and last night was great! I met a lot of nice people, bought some rad Christmas presents, and sold some stuff too. The derby girls were there selling some of their own crafts and couldn't have been nicer! I had one customer tell me I look like a derby girl and that I'm scrappy looking enough to do it too. It cracked me up. But actually I'd love to be a derby girl!





My awesome friend, Tammi, came with me and hung out for a long time. Thanks so much for coming Tammi!





Beards on a stick for only $1! Yep, I bought a bunch.


Then there was Monday...
The plan was to relax and catch up on custom orders but instead my house caught on fire! We are so lucky I was at home or we would not have a home anymore. I was sitting on the couch on the laptop when I heard popping coming from the bathroom then the laptop beeped like it does when you unplug it. I walked into the bathroom and saw flames up in the ceiling fan. I ran downstairs and grabbed the extinguisher and put the fire out the best that I could then called 911. They came really fast and said that I saved the house. They had to soak the insulation in the attic in water to be sure it was out and wow was it a mess. The living room, bathroom, and my daughter's room were covered in yellow dust from the extinguisher and it took all day long to clean it up. And let me just say that it smells and tastes horrible! I can't get the taste out of my mouth. Bleah.






What a mess I made!


This is what was left of the fan. Total disaster but nothing important was harmed. What a close call though! I got to sit in a fire truck though. ;)

 
Top