My Jeanne Bayol Books on Gypsy Roulottes arrived today, you wouldn't believe the great lengths I have gone through and the long wait to finally procure them... two failed orders and three long months... but it was definitely worth the wait... all I can say about the contents of both books is... OMG!   Jeanne restores and collects old Gypsy Roulottes and is passionate about the Tzigane culture and people... she has done a magnificent job of her restorations and of presenting them to the World via her books.  I don't read much French, but the pictures are worth 1,000 words so it matters not... and I'm able to gleen a limited amount of translation to satisfy my desire to follow along on this journey with Jeanne.  The breathtaking photography and History presented photographically is superb!  I immediately devoured the images like a visual buffet feast... I swooned as I turned each page.  Any of the fabulous Roulottes I'd gladly own and move into... I'd probably not venture into the House very much if I had one of these on our property.  I certainly would be in creative Heaven if one were my Studio... I can't even say I could pick a favorite since I loved them ALL.   Jeanne is one lucky Woman to have fulfilled her passion in such a way and live it daily... a slice of Heaven here on Earth... and I'm so glad she decided to share her beloved Gypsy Treasures with us... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top