Whenever I want a heavy dose of Nostalgia I head for a neat Shop called Matilda's Closet in Old Towne Glendale.  Everything Vintage to wear... clothes, shoes, hats, coats, jewelry, bags... their Mantra seems to be:
We love the classic look and everything that applies to it...the music, the dances, the hair styles....and the glamour of it all! (Quote from their Web Page)
If it's from the 1930's through 1970's you're likely to find it here.  As a lover of all things Vintage myself I am right at Home in a Shop like this.  The Pin-Up Girl era was very glamorous and ultra feminine and I loved seeing the Family photos of my Nanna, who was in the Theatre, in her 1930's Glam... she even got Married in a Flapper Dress and Cloche Flapper Hat with huge Rosette at the side!   I grew up in the 50's-60's era so seeing a Shop full of those styles brings back a lot of memories and heavy Nostalgia.  The 70's were my young adult years... even the styles I cringe at now that were popular in that era make me smile when I recall how enamored we were with them when it was a new fad. *LOL*  They have some great Vintage Jewelry spanning several eras too... I'm lusting after a few particular pieces... which look WAY better in person without the glare of the showcase in some of the photos... but I HAD to show ya! *wink*  Yeah, I love rummaging through Matilda's Closet... well, anyone's Closet that has great stuff actually *wink*... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top