This week's 'Scores' couldn't have been more perfect... The Bohemian Leather Fanny-Pac is inspiring me to create some of my Bags in a tie-around-the-waist Fanny-Pac Style for those times when you don't want to carry a full sized Bag... 


The Lacey Scarf was only $2.99 ... The Silver Candleholder $3.99 ... and the coffee table book  MEDITERRANEAN STYLE (list price $35.00) I scored for a mere .69 cents!!!




Just one of the fab swoon worthy interiors I was totally inspired by in said Book!!!


Another Persian Rug 'score'... for only $8... yep, only Eight Bucks!!!


It's Scatter Rug mid-sized but in pristine condition...


And I'm loving the Colors, Design and soft as Butter feel underfoot...


And Vintage Hardware for only $2.50 each...


I plan to make Boheme' Jewelry out of them... I adored the Vintage Fish Design...


But my absolute fav 'Scores' were what Mom gave to me before she left for California...
The Gold & White Staffordshire Fair Dog duo that I've Loved since childhood...


I had not expected to inherit them so soon... but she insisted...


And now they have pride of place in our Library Room...


A Vintage Book that belonged to my Dad since his Youth...


And the Decanter Silver Liquor Labels that my Tea Totalling Parents always had draped across the Crystal Decanter Collection... they didn't drink, but always had a Wet Bar to entertain Guests who might...


And the absolute most cherished pieces were the Old Family Photos... these are of my Dad's Oldest Brother, my Handsome Uncle... Tall, Dark & Handsome...


When I was a little Girl I remember thinking he was the most Handsome Man I'd ever seen... with his strong Native American features, Tall Muscular Statuesque Physique, Blue-Black Hair, Coal Black Eyes and Golden complexion...


I still think the Men in Dad's Family were all so very Handsome & Exotic...


And then there are the cherished Photos of Mom's side of the Family...


My Beautiful Bohemian Mom in her Youth...  she always wore flowing Exotic Skirts & colorful Blouses or Wraps... flashy Bohemian Jewelry... her naturally curly hair the color of a Raven's Wing and her eyes the palest Gray-Blue... always the Fashionista but opposed to trends, she dressed to suit herself & so she always had a unique flair about her personal Style!


Another Season of Mom... in Middle Age... still a striking Beauty even after her Blue-Black hair turned Silver...


And her Mom...my Beloved Nanna... who was still Lovely in this Photo even though she was already a Gramma... Nanna was very theatrical, after years in the Theater as an Actress & Dancer there was nothing ordinary about her sensibilities... if it wasn't extraordinary it wasn't Nanna's Style! *Winks... sound familiar??? LOL*




And yep, that 'Lil Waif in the Photos is none other than Yours Truly... one in my English Pram and the other sitting on a fav Moroccan Pouffe with our Siamese Cat, Cho-Cho San Dara... which I couldn't pronounce so I shortened it to Suki *Smiles*... look at that wild hair on me!!! *LOL*

Thanks Mom... for the Memories and the passed down Treasures...

Dawn... The Bohemian

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes. ~Frank Deford
 
Top