How to make a cute and simple top out of two silk vintage scarves
I've been collecting these gorgeous vintage scarves for a while now and really didn't know what to do with the square ones. They are too small to wear around your neck and unless you are going to tie them together and pull them out of your sleeve like a clown they are pretty much useless.  But I decided to experiment and sew two together to make a cute boho chic top. 
 Ironing.
 I have all of my grandmother's vintage thread in just about every color too.
 Next put the scarves together and pin where the shoulders will be and along the sides. Don't worry if they don't quite match up. Just match them from the outer edges. In fact it's better if one is slightly larger because it will fit better.  You know, boobies.

 Here is my nifty little diagram on where to sew. Isn't it nifty?
 And here is the finished product. These two scarves are such high quality silk that they look amazing as they ripple and move.
 It could be reversible too.
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Flickr
Tumblr
Portfolio
Etsy
Email
 
Top