Don't you just Love it when you have Unexpected Finds?!  The Thrill Of The Hunt holds a special allure for me, but its even better when you're not even Hunting & a Found Treasure finds YOU!


This never before seen Portrait of my Mom as a Pre-School aged Girl was one such Treasure!  There's some paper stuck to the glass that I'll have to remove, but other than that its none the worse for it's age and I just LOVE it!!!  It holds a special meaning since there are precious few Photos of my Mom prior to her horrific accident at age 5. When she was run over by a new fangled invention called a Car and dragged for several miles... forever altering her facial features!!!  But with the remarkable skill of a simple Country Doctor doing reconstructive surgery on my Nanna's Kitchen Table under the illumination of nothing more than a Lantern, she was miraculously spared permanent disfigurement... her Miracle Story always inspired me... but I couldn't help but wonder what she would have & should have looked like had it not been for this terrible accident that forever changed the appearance of her Beautiful face?  


But then I think... she wouldn't have looked like the Mom I've always known, she's simply Beautiful just as she Healed... but I do enjoy seeing how she appeared before that fateful day... and I know why she never showed or displayed Photos from "then"... too painful a reminder for her I suppose... But I am ever so thankful I discovered this hidden Treasure in a box of discards from her move & rescued it... I adore the Rag Roses in her hair...

Source: Bing Images

She had a very Frida Kahlo flair to her Style, even as a Child... and I've always adored Frida Kahlo's flair and Style...


And these Lovelies are other Unexpected Finds...
A duo of Vintage Belgian Velvet Doilies for a mere $7 for the pair!



A Fabric Sewing Travel Wrap made of a delightful Vintage material with a Green Satin Tie.. with interior pockets for all your Sewing needs and unfolds to about three feet in length... only $3...



A lovely gilded Old French Book for $2.99...



And that's not all my Friends... this week I was a virtual Magnet for Unexpected Finds!!!



An ornate Vintage Silver Compact for only $6...



A Beautiful Vintage French Wooden Rosary for only 99 cents!!!


And the discovery in my Freezer that I had forgotten about... several Pints of Blueberries that I had frozen after I'd picked up a bounty of them on Sale during the height of Blueberry Season!!! Bon Appetit!!!

Yes, I LOVE Unexpected Finds when you aren't even looking for anything Special... don't you?


I'm joining Doni over at FAITH, GRACE & CRAFTS for PEARLS & LACE THURSDAY  to show off some Bohemian Blues... won't you join us & sing the praises of your Blues???


And don't forget the Blog Party over at MY ROMANTIC HOME for SHOW & TELL FRIDAY...



 
Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top