As promised we're rounding out the eye candy from Saturday's forray.  First say hello to my little scores that were scavenged from local Thrift Stores... a large bottle for my Holy Water for only a dollar!  And a trio of Precious Moments figurines that I got for $7 for the set!  I've been collecting Precious Moments since the 70's and oddly enough the first time I saw a photo of the Artist, Samuel Butcher, I thought it was my Bro or a Cousin, he looked SO much like my Mom's side of the Family it was eerie!!!  My Mom's Maiden Name is Butcher, so who knows... perhaps a distant relative??? Would that not be serendipity at it's best, to have gravitated to the Art of someone who turned out to be related some way!?! *smiles*  So... if Mr. Butcher happens to also be of Welsh decent... it's a distinct possibility!?!  Our oldest Daughter also collects Precious Moments so I joke that I'm working on her inheritance... *winks*  These three little Treasures only needed a good wash with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (which by the way is truly Magical because it will get ANY mark off of anything with ease) and they were good as new!  Though I photographed them 'pre-Bath' because I was just that excited at my Score! *winks* But, that's a tip peeps for getting those stubborn written Thrift Store grease pencil or magic marker pricings and sticker residue off of delicate Porcelain, China, Pottery, Crystal etc...

Now if any of you are fans of Americana there is a local Shop in Olde Town Glendale that you would be in Americana Valhalla at... THE APPLE TREE, take a gander at some of their Lovelies, they offer some beautiful Americana Antiques and Reproductions, specializing in Colonial and Country Furniture and Vintage Kitchen Items, as well as a line of fabulous smelling Rustic inspired Candles and personal pamperings.  I'm discovering these delightful wicker Shopping Carts everywhere lately and will be savings towards one because they are not only pretty and make for nice vignettes, but useful for Junquing and Flea Market forrays!  I also loved the Leather Tooling on the seat of that Vintage Chair and it was in amazing condition.

Carol over at COTTAGE GARDEN 1 also had stocked up on Easter and Spring decor... the Bird Houses and cute little fuzzy Chicks were particularly appealing to me.  And when I went over to A MAD HATTER ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES MALL   I fell in love with this Mannequin Head... she would showcase Jewelry Creations beautifully, though I would probably give her a new painted hairstyle, the face was perfect!  Alas, she was not within the budget... but one like her is mos-def on the 'Wish List' for Studio acquisitions in the future.  And I have the 'sister scene' of that Vintage Thatched Cottage print above the larger one!  Mine is the vertical print and would go nicely with that horizontal matching print... I wonder if Miss Cee Cee would consider parting with it??? *winks*  The hanging Tea Light Lanterns, though new, had a very Bohemian vibe to them and I loved the vast array of colors they came in... I could imagine hanging a collection of them from the Tree above my Gazebo, catching the Sunlight during the Day and flickering colorful Romantic hues during the Night by candlelight.  

I do Hope you've enjoyed going window shopping with me again my Friends... and I Hope I can recuperate quickly to be able to be out Junquing and Thrifting again real soon before I go into withdrawal... which is way worse suffering than any meager Brochitis Bug *winks*... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
 
Top