I've lived in the Southwest since the early 1970's and so I've been able to enjoy Southwestern Art in all it's varied forms.  The blending of cultural influences infused into a Style that is both distinctive and conjures up images of the West, past and present.  The infusion of the Spiritual, Latino, Native American, Old West and Pioneer Styles I find to be delightful, rich in cultural significance and beautiful.  At one time our Home was very Native American and Southwestern influenced in predominant decor because that is a part of my heritage that I enjoyed surrounding myself with. Even as my Style of the Bohemian heritage has greatly influenced me over the years.  I may incorporate other Styles as they captivate me... but I do find that after a time... I always gravitate back to my Bohemian, Spiritual and Native American roots... my aesthetic is definitely linked to those cultures and beliefs that run through my veins and I feel a strong connection to.  Bold, rich, vivid colors and exotic textures... and Natural elements are something I've never been able to shake... even though I can swoon over the Whites and Pastels that others decorate with and for a brief time keep that color scheme and Style in limited portions of our Home... but it never remains pure... it can't... my natural tendencies will ultimately creep in and then take over again. *winks*  So it won't be at all unusual in our Home to see a melding of styles that is extreme eclectic Styling... Limoges next to a Native American Talisman... a Nordic piece sharing space with a Gypsy piece... an expensive Antiquity sitting beside a Rock, a Seashell or Art my G-Kids have made... Santos and European Religious Art... a Persian Rug and Belgian cut Velvets... the Gothic and the Art Nouveau.  I like many things and though my tastes are predominantly Bohemian, I believe in buying what you Love and making room for it... because living with what you Love transcends a particular Style or theme... it's a reflection of who you are... celebrate it... Dawn... The Bohemian    
 
Top